This week is World Well-Being Week 2019.
There are 5 steps we can all take to improve our mental well-being.
- Connect – connect with the people around you. your family, friends, colleagues and neighbours. Spend time developing these relationships.
- Be active – you don’t have to go to the gym. Take a walk, go cycling or play a game of football. Find an activity that you enjoy and make it a part of your life.
- Keep learning – learning new skills can give you a sense of achievement and a new confidence. So why not sign up for that cooking course, start learning to play a musical instrument, or figure out how to fix your bike?
- Give to others – even the smallest act can count, whether it’s a smile, a thank you or a kind word. Larger acts, such as volunteering at your local community centre, can improve your mental well-being and help you build new social networks..
- Be mindful – be more aware of the present moment, including your thoughts and feelings, your body and the world around you. Some people call this awareness “mindfulness”. It can positively change the way you feel about life and how you approach challenges.
Our Toolbox Project is designed to help your emotional well-being and to point you in the right direction for support in your day to day life. Contacting for an appointment us couldn’t be easier, Email: toolboxreferral@ssnmentalhealth,co.uk or call 01543 301139.